Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pleeeease give me a break ...

So your life is perfect, all is well with your universe and one is happy as a pig in muck ... pllleeease who has this simple view of life ... not me, none of my gen x girlies and surrounding buddies. We all lead complex, sometimes confused lives, full of fun and games, tears and tantrums, humour and love.

Yet a recent reader of my blog thinks I sound unhappy. Well not unhappy - just functioning thru the usual ups and downs of wedded bliss, mothering joys, workplace pressures and time poor friendships. My life is a mixed bundle of joy, love, laughter, tiredness, tears (not usually mine), sharing, caring and considerable fuss and bother.

Am I any less happy than other gen x women working hard to be a wife worth having, a mother who is delievering, a friend who is giving, an employee worth paying ... I think not - but eh thanks for the concern.

I would suggest that I approach blogging with a sense of fun, a desire to rant, some underlying scarasim, a wee bit of wit and for the anonymous factor ... not because I am over archingly unhappy with my lot in life.

Please give me a break and take a long look at oneself and put energies into making that work - believe me if I was unhappy I would take measures more effective than blogging to fix my lot.

Thanks though for the concern ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

truely don't believe he wanted to upset you, was just worried.....

Anonymous said...

Ooh...that spiced up the blog a bit. I think I've become addicted to peaking into other people's worlds via their blogs, although I guess it is not really peeking if they are blogging!

I'm a fan of wifeinthenorth's blog though recently realised what different (socio-economic) worlds we live when she mentioned their family cars - a Saab and a Volvo from memory. I love reading the comments now as well. There seems to be such an online community of humour and support. So, Randy, keep on blogging!